WordPress has recently released its latest update: WordPress 3.5.2 version. This is a security release for all previous versions. According to WordPress.org, the security fixes include:
- Blocking server-side request forgery attacks, which could potentially enable an attacker to gain access to a site.
- Disallow contributors from improperly publishing posts or reassigning the post’s authorship.
- An update to the SWFUpload external library to fix cross-site scripting vulnerabilities.
- Prevention of a denial of service attack, affecting sites using password-protected posts.
- An update to an external TinyMCE library to fix a cross-site scripting vulnerability.
- Multiple fixes for cross-site scripting.
- Avoid disclosing a full file path when a upload fails.
To update, log in to your WordPress dashboard and the update button is listed on top of the browser. To learn more about the update, please read this blog post from WordPress.org