Gone are the days of hand-coding websites. With the many powerful web applications available today, you don’t even need to have scripting knowledge or experience to put together a blog, web store, photo gallery, forum, etc. However, if you are not very technically inclined, it can be quite challenging to install these applications. The multiple problems encountered by website owners would have to do with the complicated manual installation of the web application, setting up the database and configuring the configuration files, etc.
But just because you are non-technie doesn’t mean you have to settle with sub-par static websites. If you are a newbie to installing web applications, Fantastico will be just what you need.
What is Fantastico?
Fantastico makes installations of web applications super easy.
Fantastico is a script library that automates the installation of web applications to a website. It allows you to install a selection of web applications in just a few clicks. Seriously it is that easy! It usually takes a lot of effort and hours to get a web application up and running while with the use of Fantastico, all it takes is just a minute or so.
Fantastico is written with the non-technical user in mind, but it is also very popular with more technically-minded users who do not want to waste time on manually configuring the installation files to install a web application on their websites. It typically creates tables in a database, install software, adjust permission and modify web server configuration files for you – all you have to do is click on the script of your choice, hit the install button and come up with a username and password.
What applications can you install using Fantastico?
Just to name a few of the more popular applications you can install using Fantastico:
- WordPress – a popular blog software that can create both beautiful blog and web pages
- Drupal – an open source software with features such as content management systems, blog, collaborative authoring environments, forums, etc.
- phpBB – a powerful discussion forum that is fully scalable and highly customizable and comes with a simple, user-friendly admin interface
- Zen Cart – a powerful eCommerce software that supports almost every payment and shipping gateways
- Moodle – an e-learning course management system that features assignment submission, discussion forum, file download, grading, online quizzes, news and announcements and calendar
- Gallery – a web-based photo album software that lets you manage, edit and share your photos online
- Open-Realty – an useful program that enables users to setup their real estate websites featuring attachments, flexible search, Yahoo Maps interface and much more.
- osTicket – an open source ticket system that helps you create a comprehensive customer service system through email, online forms and phone support (created by staff of your own).
Here’s a complete list of applications included in Fantastico:
B2evolution, Nucleus, Noahs Classifieds, Geeklog, Joomla, Mambo, PHP-Nuke, phpWCMS, phpWebSite, Siteframe, TYPO3, Xoops, Zikula, Crafty Syntax Live Help, Help Center Live, PerlDesk, PHP Support Tickets, Support Logic Helpdesk, Support Services Manager, SMF, CubeCart, OS Commerce, FAQMasterFlex, AccountLab Plus, phpCOIN, 4Images Gallery, Coppermine Photo Gallery, PHPlist, Advanced Poll, LimeSurvey, phpESP, dotProject, PHProjekt, Soholaunch Pro Edition, Templates Express, TikiWiki CMS/Groupware, PhpWiki, Dew-NewPHPLinks, OpenX, PHPauction, phpFormGenerator, and WebCalendar.
Where can I get Fantastico?
Fantastico is included for FREE in the Doteasy Unlimited Hosting plans.
When you sign up with the Doteasy Unlimited Hosting plan, Fantastico will be accessible via your cPanel admin interface.
The video below will show you where you can find Fantastico in your cPanel admin interface and will show you step-by-step how easy it is to install an application.
I think Fantastico is perfect for me, what’s the next step?
Your next step is to sign up for the Doteasy Unlimited Hosting plan. You can do so on the Doteasy homepage.
Our special introductory price for Unlimited Hosting plan is only US$3.98/month.
If you have any questions or need assistance in choosing the most suitable web hosting plan, you can always contact us via email, phone (support number) or Live Chat.